Webinar round-up: Industry action to support vulnerable consumers
Thank you to everyone who joined us on the 17th of October 2023 to hear an update on our ongoing consumer initiatives, focusing on the Priority Service Register (PSR). Speakers from the utilities sector joined us to present information about PSR work and the initiatives to support vulnerable consumers in their areas. Overall, the webinar aimed to pave the way for future collaboration, leading to better consumer outcomes.
Suchitra Hammond, our Senior Policy Manager, was joined by several speakers who covered the following topics:
- Colin Malaney, Senior Policy Lead at Ofgem, discussed Ofgem’s vision for the PSR;
- Steve Crabb, Consumer Advocate and Independent Chair talked about a shared PSR;
- Gabriella Storey, Senior Consultant at Moorhouse Consulting, discussed RECCo’s PSR review project;
- Andy Mower, Regulation and Policy Manager at RECCo, talked about the need for further support for medical equipment users, referencing the paper he published earlier this year;
- Helen Sharp-Patterson, Customer Manager at Northumbrian Water, discussed the ‘support for all’ project;
- Louise Singleton, Principal Consultant at Gemserv, talked about customer protection in Heat Networks
Did you miss the webinar?
If you missed the webinar, you can download a copy of the presentation slides here or watch the recording below, including a Q&A panel
If you have any questions, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org