The Code Manager plans and manages the delivery of the REC, ensuring that the objectives of the REC are met.
Introduction to the REC Code Manager
The Code Manager role is wide, varied and empowered and is delivered in three parts by three providers acting as ‘One Code Manager’.
- REC Performance Assurance (RPA) leads on the management of the Performance Assurance regime including running the Performance Assurance Board and managing parties’ entry and exit to the REC.
- REC Professional Services (RPS) is responsible for Stakeholder Management including running the Change Management Process and providing support to REC parties via the Operational Account Manager service.
- REC Technical Services (RTS) leads on maintenance of REC technical documentation, the EMAR and providing technical support.
Appointment of the REC Code Manager
In December 2019, RECCo launched a project to appoint the REC Code Manager. The Board took an innovative approach to the procurement of the REC Code Manager, adopting a ‘best in market’ approach for each of the main activities shown below to ensure that it appointed service providers best placed to support RECCo in delivery of its vision and objectives.
REC Performance Assurance
- Design, implement and manage the Performance Assurance Framework
- Operation of Performance Assurance Board
- Entry Assessment and Qualification
- Assure REC Parties, REC Processes and Service Providers
REC Professional Services
- Provision of REC Portal and Service Desk – primary point of contact
- Stakeholder Engagement and Operational Account Management
- Change Management
- Operational Process Delivery
- Education and Training
REC Technical Services
- REC Digitalisation Strategy
- Technical Design Authority – maintain integrity of REC technical documents and products
- Technical assurance – impact assessments and implementation
- Data Management – EMAR and technical interfaces
If you have a question on any aspect of the REC, please submit a query via the REC Portal Service Desk, which went live on 01 September 2021.
Alternatively, if you have acceded as a REC Party and have been allocated an Operational Account Manager, you can contact your OAM. Finally, you can contact the wider Code Manager team via the following addresses:
- email@example.com for Performance Assurance queries.
- firstname.lastname@example.org for all Change Management queries.
- email@example.com for all subscription and communications queries.
- firstname.lastname@example.org for all Committees queries.
- email@example.com for digital REC queries.
You can also follow the Code Manager via their Code Manager LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/rec-code-manager/
REC Performance Assurance Information
Access all documentation and updates related to REC Performance Assurance, including consultations and user guides.