Appointment of REC Code Manager
In December 2019 RECCo launched project to appoint the REC Code Manager. The Board took an innovative approach to the procurement of the REC Code Manager, adopting a ‘best in market’ approach for each of the main activities shown below to ensure that it appointed service providers best placed to support RECCo in delivery of its vision and objectives.
REC Performance Assurance
- Design, implement and manage the Performance Assurance Framework
- Operation of Performance Assurance Board
- Entry Assessment and Qualification
- Assure REC Parties, REC Processes and Service Providers
REC Professional Services
- Provision of REC Portal and Service Desk – primary point of contact Framework
- Stakeholder Engagement and Operational Account Management
- Change Management
- Operational Process Delivery
- Education and Training
REC Technical Services
- REC Digitalisation Strategy
- Technical Design Authority – maintain integrity of REC technical documents and products
- Technical assurance – impact assessments and implementation
- Data Management – EMAR and technical interfaces
Following a highly competitive process, the following contracts have been awarded:
- REC Performance Assurance, Deloitte LLP
- REC Professional Services, Gemserv Ltd
- REC Technical Services, Capgemini UK plc
The service providers will collaborate to deliver a ‘One Code Manager’ function for industry. They are required to ensure consumer outcomes are central to the development of the REC and incentivised to demonstrate continued improvement and to be innovative in delivering their services. A strong performance assurance regime will ensure all providers, including RECCo, meet their REC obligations and service performance metrics.
The REC will mark the transition from a ‘Code Administrator’ to ‘Code Manager’ approach. RECCo and its service providers will work to fulfil the promise of an effective, efficient and seamless REC Code Manager. Many of the processes and ways of working that are, or will be, set out in the REC differ significantly from the current service models under other Codes and this provides an opportunity for innovation and positive change.
The implementation of the REC, now scheduled for September 2021 and followed by the faster switching arrangements in the Spring of 2022, will set a new standard for industry code governance.
RECCo will now oversee the mobilisation of the three elements of the REC Code Manager in parallel with its other key work streams – Transition and REC Development – to ensure service readiness for REC v2.0.
Further updates will be published shortly.